Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Honestly my Mother's Day kinda sucked. I hate to say it, but I have all of these expectations on how I want the day to go, and it always falls short. I wanted to sleep in, get breakfast made for me, get a backrub. I love my husband, but he has a difficult time doing what I want for a day. He is always reminding me that me is the sole breadwinner in the household - and how lucky I am to have someone take care of me. Do not get me wrong, I am happy that I get to stay home with my son...but this stings because he knows I would rather be working.

Overall, we had a good day. I wanted to go to the zoo, we went. I got a present, a small peice of pottery. All I wanted was some pleasant family time. I spent the afternoon with my mom and aunt. My husband cooked for all of us. I came home and fell asleep in a somewhat wine foggy daze.

All day, I felt sad. I kept thinking about the baby I lost and how I would be at the end of my second trimester. I really, really need some time to feel the gravity of this loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment