Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Making of the Mayhem

I am starting this blog to explore the person that I am and the person I want to be. I am a woman, a wife, a mother and a daughter. I am very neurotic, snarky, quirky with a tinge of OCD. These past years have been very challenging, but filled with so much joy and love.
I have noticed many of the “mommy” blogs are divided into categories (humor, life, religious, etc.). This will be a humor blog with a little real life stuff shining through. I might rant about my husband, get gooey lovey about him, talk some taboo subjects, sometimes I might be seen as whiny.  Sometimes, I feel like a plant, starved for water and sunlight. Sometimes, I open up too late and my emotions come flooding out of me in a river of tears.  Sometimes, I am filled with absolute happiness (not to be confused with the absolute vodka happiness, cause I rarely drink).  I have many ups and downs, but not enough to be bipolar.  Humor again...


On the serious, I am processing the loss of my most recent pregnancy at 14 weeks gestation.  This baby had been diagnosed with Alobar Holoprosencephaly. I am not strong enough to write about it yet, so let me rant about the humor of everyday life, while I work up the strength to talk about my family's loss.
I often think about how I got here. Thinking…ahhh…there is no time to think because the demands of being a mother kick in. I have a beautiful, vivacious, intelligent, one and half year old and he is creeping up behind me as I write, his giant brown eyes begging me for some attention.  Right now his soft and strong hands are reaching for me, his voice expressing frustration at my temporary diversion to the computer. He is my light, so with that, I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment