Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Guilty...I am. I have not written in two weeks.

Well this month has been busier than usual. On March 30th Alex took a terrible tumble. He was running - full force - fell and hit the corner of a cabinet. He had a gigantic lump on his head, it formed faster than anything I had seen. I panicked, called the doctor and scheduled an appointment for an hour later (it was shocking that they had an open spot). Alex was doing better than me after his injury, in the car he was laughing and singing (lalala, his favorite song). The doctor and I held him down, and iced it. The doctor quickly assessed the head injury. She said it was "not a concussion, but it will look worse before it looks better." Holy smokes, was she right. It started out like this:

Then morphed into two black eyes... turned out that was the worse before the better...
Every time we go out, to the gym, to the grocery store, ECFE class, anywhere - I have to retell the story...Oh, he was running, fell, lump, turned into black eyes. People eye me suspiciously - the people who have no experience with hard hits to the forehead, or nose, don't know that you can get two black eyes after a blow like this. Yup, this one puts me in the running for a "Mother of the Year" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment