Friday, September 9, 2011

Help Wanted: Tired Mom needs SLEEP!

It is true, so exhausted, I want to throw up, it is days like this if I had a job I would call in sick, still bring my child to daycare and crawl back into bed and stay there as long as possible. I went to sleep around 2:30am, only to be woken up by a screaming toddler, clearly having a nightmare, around 5am, calmly I went in to sing him back to lala land, stumbling back to my bed, waking up to the alarm clock (for my husband) at 6am.

My husband, who would prefer to oversleep, needed me to nag him to awake, then make coffee, since he slept 1/2 past the alarm clock. I wake up, dutifully make him coffee and lunch, then attempt to snooze on the couch. At that time, my husband, having to go up our creaky steps to get his work clothes, accidently wakes up our son, placed him next to me on the couch. I get up, get him some milk, as I watch him greedily suck it down, I begin the slow process of realizing that my day has begun, like it, or NOT!

I succumb to the coffee, let it in, and still nothing...little brain activity. Sleep will be the only thing to bring that back, sweet blissful sleep, only 4 hours to naptime...

No comments:

Post a Comment