Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Boo Boo!

Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary with my husband. I am listening to the sounds of him gently playing guitar in the next room. So, I am not going to spend a lot of time writing tonight.
When we met, I never thought we would make it to marriage. I always assumed it was one of those things. Marriage was the furthest thing from my mind. I met him upon the heels of a horrible divorce to a man I had know since I was fifteen (together with since 21). Never having had a rebound before, I figured that is what he would be, that is how I rationalized how intensely I felt for him. He soon became my best friend. Then I thought we would only ever be friends. But he, and life had other plans. Now four years later, we have a beautiful boy and are hoping to make it as far in marriage as our parents have.

Also today I received notice of the burial service that the hospital puts on for bereaved parents who have lost their babies early in pregnancy. I am looking forward to attending, closure? Not ever forgetting, just seeking some feeling of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment