Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted?

I was listening to music with my son, while attempting put together an annoying item from IKEA. My iPod randomly selected the Eminem song "Lose Yourself." I blasted it at top volume, grabbed my son up and danced. Shh, don't judge, the little one doesn't know what cuss words are yet. As I bounced around, I was struck my these lines:

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted - One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

I thought to myself, what is the moment I want to capture? Does life ever throw you just one opportunity? Or is the week just filled with chances to seize your dream? Conclusions: (1) You're in charge of recognizing the daily opportunities presented to you, and (2) I overthought a really silly song.

No comments:

Post a Comment